ONE NT REBID
1C 1MAJOR 1NT
1. All jumps are game forcing. they generally show pure types of hands:
for example, a good 6 card suit if the jump is rebid or a concentrated
5/5 if the jumps is to a new suit or to parners's minor.
2. TWO diamonds is game forcing checkback.Openers priorities are to rebid:
a) Two of the other Major with a 4 card suit. There will be plenty
of time to show support for partners support, since we are in
b) Two of partners Major with 3 card support.
c) Three of his minor with a 6 bagger.
d) Two Notrump with none of the above
3. TWO clubs starts most invitational sequences.Operner is required to bid
responder will describe his invitation naturally.
a) PASS if he want to play in dimonds
b) bid 3c..TO PLAY
C) 2C> Then 2NT show invitational hand with clubs (4clubs)
4. 2 NOTRUMP is natural and invitational
5. 1c or 1d> 1H
1NT 2S = 4/4 Majors= INVITATIONAL
WITH 4/5 BID 2C THEN 2 SPADES
6. Other non jump bids are natual. No GAME interest.
ONLY disadvantage is cannot play in 2c-For Walsh Players IDEAL.
1) SIGN OFF can be respected- at low levels
e.g. XX AQT KXX AXXXX
1C 1S 1NT 2H...? MUST PASS
With invitational hand , bid 2c then 2H
2. We can show lite invites with a 5 card Najor and still get out at the 2
level. e.g.AXX KJXXX KXX XX
1C 1H 1NT
How often one passes this hand, possibly miss game or get too hi
With this hand rebid 2c then 2H= invitational hand
3. We can distinguish between types of invitational hands.
e.g. a) Strong invite begins with 2clubs
b) then jump to 3 of a MAJOR
C) With lighter invite, bid 2c, then 2 of the MAJOR
Similarly, with 5/5, bid 2c then jump to 3
4. We can get out in 2 NT with club invites..
1c 1S e.g. with KJxx Qx XXX AQxx
2d 2NT allows prd to pass or bid 3c..his choice with mini
5. We can distinguish between different types of GF hands.
Bid 2d on a flexible hand.
a) KQTXXX AX AXX XX
Rebid 3 Spades on this hand GF. This shows a strong 6 crds.
If prd chooses 3NT, he will be rt, since he knows u have this type
b) KTXXXX KX AQX JX
Rebid 2d. then 3 Spades over prds 2nt
2NT 3S This shows a week 6 carder and more NT orientation
Prd can choose 3NT or 4S
c) AQXXX KQTXX KX X
1NT 3H Rebid 3H This shows a concentrated 5/5
If prd insists on 3NT, you can respect
d. KJXXX QTXXX Kx A
This shows NOT SO concentrated 5/5
With 5/4 you also bid 2d. But if Prd doesnt bid 2H
then abandon H as trump..(No 4/4)
e) AQTXX X KX ATXXX
1c or d 1S
Shows 5/5. If prd bids 3NT do not correct
f) KQ9XX KX XX KQXX
2Any 3c Shows 5/4